Nengo Extras 0.1 released
The Nengo team
is super excited to announce the release of Nengo Extras!
Nengo Extras contains additional utilities for Nengo
that are not commonly used,
but are useful enough
that they should be publicly accessible.
These extra features include learning rules,
neuron types, domain-specific processes, and more.
This initial 0.1.0 release of Nengo Extras contains:
- Utilities for deep learning, including functions for
downloading popular datasets and Nengo networks that
interact with Keras.
- Several composite distributions
that sample from other distributions.
- The classic
DeltaRule learning rule.
- Nengo networks for matrix multiplication
and two dimensional product.
- Variants of the leaky integrate-and-fire neuron type.
- Processes for 2D convolution, 2D pooling,
and presenting images.
- Utilities for making vision models,
including classes for making Gabor filters
and optimized encoders.
- Visualization tools including extra Matplotlib plots,
a simple GUI for viewing and manipulating images,
and functions to make GraphViz visualizations of Nengo models.
See the full documentation
for more details and example usage.
How do I get it?
To install Nengo extras, use
Where can I learn more?
Where can I get help?
Please come to the Nengo forum!
We welcome any questions and suggestions you might have,
and invite you to share your Nengo creations there.